Pages on the website of interest to lawyers include:
- Appointment of Judges
- Appointment of Judicial Justices
- BC Provincial Court Locations and Hours
- Complaints & Appeals
- FAQs on Interpreters
- Judgments & Decisions
- Justice of the Peace Adjudicators
- Links to Statutes
- News & Reports including Appointment Announcements
- Practice Directions & Notices
- Resources for family cases
- Resources for criminal cases
- Resources for Small Claims cases
See tips from judges on advocacy in Provincial Court
The Court’s Media Guide is not just for media – it’s full of information about the Court, its organization and its work, in a readable format.
Family lawyers may find these versions of the standard wording of orders under the Family Law Act helpful. They are the terms used in the Court’s DARS computer system. When orders can be drafted using these terms the court clerk can record them very quickly, and it can also speed processing in the Registry.
- Family Law Act Orders Picklist in MS Word (WORD version of standard terms found in DARS computer system – terms can be copied and pasted)
- Family Law Act Orders Picklist with DARS code (checklist used in Court contains letter code used by Court Clerk to find a term)
See too our child protection matters flowchart.
These links on the B.C. Ministry of Attorney General, Court Services website may also be helpful: